AMA Las Vegas is proud to award Lindsay Alford this month’s board member spotlight. Lindsay is our president-elect and has served on the board for several years. In her position, she has played a strategic role in the development and implementation of our new website. She also manages our new blog. Lindsay will kick off her term as president in June and we can’t wait to see what she and her new board have in store for us.
Lindsay is a senior communications specialist for United Healthcare by day and runner by night. She is currently training for the San Diego Rock n’ Roll Half Marathon with several of her United co-workers and Team In Training. Together, they are raising money to help rid this world of cancer.
Here are some more interesting tidbits about Lindsay:
- She has lived in seven states – Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Texas, New York, Virginia, and Nevada.
- She bleeds green and gold. Yes, a diehard Green Bay Packers fan and proud owner of an original CHEESEHEAD!
- She born left handed but her dad trained her to be right handed. Every time she grabbed a crayon with her left hand, he would take it out and place it in her right hand.
- Her grandfather was born in 1899 and fought in WWI.
- She and her husband Rick are parents of an energetic 2 year old German shepherd and the most adorable 4 year old twin girls, Liv and Mia.