The Database Marketing Manager reports to Mohegan Sun Nevada (“MSNV”) and will be responsible for overseeing the database and direct marketing initiatives at Mohegan Sun Casino Las Vegas, inclusive of strategy and execution of database marketing functions. These functions will include database marketing through email and direct mail and coordinating with the necessary stakeholders to maximize efficiency for MGNVs’ casino operation located inside Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with outstanding analytical, organizational and leadership skills providing the ability to effectively manage the database department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: includes but not limited to:
- Assist in establishing research methodology and designing format for data gathering.
- Oversee database strategy and execution, including direct marketing
- Maximize property reinvestment strategies by effectively deploying measured player incentives
- Develop best practices for database initiatives including utilizing test and control methods effectively
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and standards relating to database management including ensuring full data integrity and monitoring transaction activity
- Gather/query and format all data needed for generating direct marketing lists for all campaigns and deliver to appropriate parties
- Develop competitive intelligence in each market to understand competitive reinvestment
- Work with the analytics team to report on campaign and promotion effectiveness
- Manage the Direct Marketing program including all mail and email communication
- Oversee the Database Marketing team
- Oversee the strategic database marketing efforts and successful implementations
- Create pro/forma analysis of marketing programs and campaigns prior to execution to determine expected profitability
- Work with external stakeholders to validate email and address lists
- Maintain professional relations with vendors, customers and harmonious relationships with co-workers
- Generate monthly summary reports detailing play by key database segments and communicates findings.
- Work with different operations groups to develop campaigns and promotions for each outgoing message
- Review database programs and analysis with the MSCLV leadership and MGE team
- Review the set-up and analysis of all direct mail programs
- Provide final verification approvals on all data proofs for every direct mail campaign
- Ensure accuracy with print vendors and mail houses
- Meets deadlines and target dates for all mail pieces to be in home
- Proofs all mailers and ensures all disclaimers are maintained correctly
- Ensure timelines are met for all phases of the direct marketing process to ensure timely arrival of mail in customer homes
- Maintains the drop calendar and communicates all offers to the property in a timely fashion.
- Work with the Call Center to inform representatives of offers that are deploying to customers
- Generate player summary reports and work with Player Services management to assign players to the appropriate staff in the player tracking system.
- Build offers in all casino marketing and corresponding systems
- Produce ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Oversee all database marketing expenditures to ensure that all projects are performed within budget guidelines
- Understand regulatory requirements and abide by those regulations that govern the marketing and direct mail functions
- Handle guest inquiries related to database offers
- Obtain and maintain position-specific licensing
- Ensure Team Members obtain and maintain position-specific licensing.
- Use personal device/cellular phone for job related operational tasks, job duties, review of company documents, etc.
- Enforce all property, corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Establish quality standards for the department
- Maintain and respect confidentiality of marketing programs, guest information and databases
- Adhere to all rules and regulations set forth by Nevada Gaming Control Board
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Marketing, Computer Science or a related field preferred
- In lieu of a degree, 5 years’ experience in Database Marketing may be considered
- Three years of Database Marketing or Marketing Analytical Experience in the Gaming Industry including development, data mining and data analysis
- Understanding of information management and reporting analytics
- Experience with computer report writing and/or database inquiry software such as SQL or equivalent
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including, higher level functions in EXCEL such as Pivot Tables, sumifs, Nested formulas, V/H lookups, Macros, Graphing, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and make recommendations based on statistical reports
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, possesses integrity, confidentiality, and discretion in handling confidential information
- Extreme attention to detail and organization
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Casino experience and knowledge
- Experience with the following: IGT, LMS, VizExplorer, Infogenesis and Agilysys, preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain valid gaming license required
- Excellent communication skills, project management efficacy– highly organized, results oriented, and able to take initiative and lead projects
- Ability to work independently and with a team; ability to manage multiple projects and staff, including freelancers and vendors
- Must attend all appropriate Human Resources Manager Training classes
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Office work environment
- Must be able to sit in front of a computer screen for long periods of time
- Must be able to work various shifts and flexible hours, including holidays
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and customer interaction
- Travel may be required for this position
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. MSCLV reserves the right to make changes in the above job description whenever necessary.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.