The Public Relations (PR) & Events Manager will lead our local and regional PR efforts to help position Meow Wolf’s Omega Mart as one of the top attractions in Las Vegas. You will need to be able to develop and execute comprehensive PR strategies that incorporate media relations, story pitching and effective press release writing, develop relationships with online media and plan & coordinate events. You will help gain exposure in the industry, identify opportunities to position our experience and products, collaborate with internal teams, external thought leaders, vendors and agencies.
- Develop and foster positive relationships with strategic B2B/B2C media representatives in Las Vegas to cultivate media stories
- Plan and conduct public relations and media relations activities including but not limited to handling media requests for Meow Wolf Las Vegas/Omega Mart and preparing/distribution of press materials (press releases, press kits, b-rolls, artist bios etc.)
- Host a wide variety of working media onsite from print, online and broadcast. Plan and executing photo shoots as well as manage film crews as needed
- Work closely with the LVCVA to pitch and secure visiting media; participate in media FAMS to ensure we are included in city-wide outreach
- Pitch media outlets in Las Vegas and other key feeder markets on ideas for editorial and other coverage when appropriate
- Work in collaboration with Meow Wolf Marketing and PR agency on initiatives and pitches
- Gather information and respond appropriately to media questions
- Coordinate interviews between media editorial staff and subject matter experts
- Partner with internal teams to create and optimize special programming
- Work with the Meow Wolf Marketing team to help plan and coordinate events surrounding the grand opening of Omega Mart, including VIP events, opening celebrations, and influencer events
- Plan and execute regular awareness events for Press, Concierge teams, and Lyft Uber & other rideshare drivers
- Deliver regular reports of PR initiatives including analysis and evaluation of KPIs/ROI
- Work with social and digital media team on content generation and fulfillment
- Continually manage expectations of partners, senior management and internal departments through clear and concise communication
- Develop partnerships with key media, influencers and brands that align with Meow Wolf Omega Mart to expand the brand awareness of Omega Mart to target audiences
- Coordinate premiere events, including celebrity red carpet, invite lists, local/national media efforts and special event activations
- Manage any celebrity and VIP visits, drafting and distributing sightings to local, regional, and national publications.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ years PR experience in the Las Vegas attractions, entertainment, service, resort industries or equivalent
- Proven experience developing integrated PR plans that incorporates innovative PR strategies along with sales and marketing goals
- Excellent writing abilities in a range of formats from press releases to media pitches, advertorials, and social posts
- Excellent communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Existing relationships with Las Vegas media, influencers, agencies, casino PR teams, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
- Event planning/operations experience
- Willing to work outside comfort zone to assist guests or fellow team members
- Ability to stay on top of current events and industry trends to position Meow Wolf in timely and appropriate narratives
- Superb networking abilities and desire to represent Meow Wolf at a variety of community events
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a variety of professional office, tradeshow, resort and event environments. Occasional work in an indoor setting with exposure to noisy environments, dim lighting, strong visual effects including strobing lights, special effects, fog machines and small and/or enclosed spaces.
- Moving in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces
- Remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Positioning or moving objects up to 20 pounds
The employee will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position does not require supervisory responsibility
Travel (minimal) is required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Meow Wolf truly embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.