It’s a weird time in the world. A global pandemic has basically changed everyone’s plans for Q1 and Q2, and instead of talking spring-break marketing most of us are evaluating how we’re going to spend two weeks cooped up in our homes.
Well, the American Marketing Association Las Vegas Chapter is here to help you solve that two-week hibernation problem!
Right now, a wide array of marketing skills are in high demand. And there are also many free courses and certifications out there, each designed to help you add a few of those in-demand skills.
“That’s great, but who has the time?” you might be thinking. Well, you might have that time soon, thanks to the possibility of Corona Virus Quarantine!
So, to get you started, we’ve compiled a starter list of some of the best free trainings and certifications for marketers available out there (with links!). Take a look at the list of programs below, and start mapping out your own in-home two-week marketing-training retreat!
Hubspot Certification Courses
HubSpot is a developer and marketer of software products for inbound marketing, sales, and customer service. The company helps businesses grow through inbound marketing, and provides several free courses and certifications for marketers on its website.
A brief list of some of the best free Hubspot courses with certifications:
- Frictionless Sales (About 1 hour to complete)
- Contextual Marketing (About 1.5 hours to complete)
- Inbound (About 2 hours to complete)
- Inbound Sales (About 2 hours to complete)
- Sales Management (About 3 hours to complete)
- Email Marketing (About 3.5 hours to complete)
- Inbound Marketing (About 4 hours to complete)
- Growth-Driven Design (About 4 hours to complete)
- Growth-Driven Design Agency (About 4 hours to complete)
- Social Media (About 5 hours to complete)
- Content Marketing (About 6 hours to complete)
Google Courses and Certifications
The world’s largest search engine, Google, has made a huge splash in the marketing world. From PPC to display advertising, as well as the variety of marketing opportunities in YouTube, many marketers need to be versed in the platform’s several marketing opportunities.
Fortunately, the platform provides several trainings and certifications to help marketers master the Google marketing mix.
Google offers trainings and courses through two programs. The Google Analytics Academy offers training for all levels on the Google Analytics platform. The Google SkillShop, meanwhile, covers courses and information on the rest of the Google marketing services:
- Google Analytics Academy:
- Google Analytics for Beginners
- Advanced Google Analytics
- Google Analytics for Power Users
- Getting Started with Google Analytics 360
- Introduction to Data Studio
- Google Tag Manager Fundamentals
- Google SkillsShop Courses:
- Google Ads
- Google Marketing
- Analytics Academy
- Google My Business
- Google Ad Manager
- Android Enterprise Academy
- Google AdMob
- Google For Education
Google also offers free certifications for some of its skillsets, including two separate certifications for educators.
- Google Ads Certifications:
- Google Ads Display Certification
- Google Ads Search Certification
- Google Ads – Measurement Certification
- Google Ads Video Certification
- Shopping Ads Certification
- Google Teachers Certifications
Facebook and Instagram Courses and Certifications
With around 2.3 billion users, Facebook, the world’s most popular social network, is another marketing must these days. Meanwhile, the company’s Instagram social network is becoming just as popular and influential.
To help marketers, Facebook offers free training programs in its marketing tools, so marketers can become stronger social media-marketing masters.
- Get Started Series
- Grow Your Business With Facebook and Instagram
- How to Create and Manage a Facebook Page for Your Business
- Publish, Connect and Monetize On Facebook and Instagram
- The Essential Guide to Digital Marketing With Facebook
- Get Started With Advertising on Instagram
- How to Create and Manage an Instagram Account for Your Business
- Ads Manager
- How to Create and Manage Campaigns With Facebook Ads Manager
- How to Edit and Improve Your Facebook Ads
- How to Evaluate and Optimize Your Campaigns With Facebook Ads Manager
- How to Get Started With Facebook Ads Manager
- The Essential Guide to Advertising With Facebook Ads Manager
For those who have mastered Facebook’s courses, or already feel strong in their social media marketing capabilities, the company also offers several free certification programs for marketers to display their abilities on resumes, LinkedIn and more.
- Facebook Certified Digital Marketing Associate
- Facebook Certified Marketing Science Professional
- Facebook Certified Media Planning Professional
- Facebook Certified Media Buying Professional
- Facebook Certified Ads Product Developer Levels I, II and III
Enjoy Your In-Home Marketing Retreat!
Like we said, it’s a weird time in the world right now. For marketers though, there’s possibly some opportunity to advance your skills and increase your capabilities, and if you find the time, we definitely hope you’ll take advantage!
If you do add a few new skills to your marketing toolbox, everyone at the American Marketing Association Las Vegas Chapter wants to hear! Be sure to share how you fared during your in-home Corona Virus hibernation by posting an update on our Facebook page!
Stay safe, and be sure to wash your hands!